Fruits are, perhaps, the most striking foods because of their diversity of colors and shapes. But in addition to what they show with the naked eye, they are part of foods with the highest amount of nutrients and natural substances highly beneficial to health. If we stop to think, we will see that the fruits and all the vegetables, survive in the open, facing all kinds of conditions and meteorological aggressions.
All this is possible thanks to the protective substances and natural antioxidants they possess. In short, those same substances are the ones that protect us when we consume the food. That is to say that we benefit absolutely with all those vitamins and nutrients that the fruit possesses. We fill our whole body with life. Check out these amazing contents and benefits of having fruit:
- They help in the correct functioning of the digestive system.
- It facilitates the drainage of liquids, being diuretic and purifying of the organism.
- They do not contribute fats (except the nuts, olives, avocados, and coconuts that contribute beneficial oils for the organism).
- Water: It is the main component of the fruit. Approximately per 100 grams of fruit, we consume 80 to 90 grams of water. Therefore eating fruit, from a hydration point of view, is almost like drinking water. However, in a case of certain dietary regimens, you must take into account its sugar content.
- Carbohydrates: Fructose is the sugar in the fruit. As fructose is a monosaccharide, the body absorbs and assimilates quickly. That’s why we say that fruits are an instant source of energy. Hydrates are also present in glucose and sucrose.
- Vegetal fiber: Every 100 grams of fruit means consuming about 2 grams of fiber.
- Pectin, a type of fiber highly beneficial to the body, is the one found mostly in fruits.
- Mineral salts: consumption of fruits on a daily basis helps to regulate the mineral balance in the body. They contain a high level of potassium and low amount of sodium. They also provide magnesium and some calcium.
- Organic acids and aromas: these acids are normally tolerated by our body, except in special situations where we must resort to those fruits with low organic acid content.
- Vitamins: Fruits bring us large amounts of vitamins, as they are especially rich in beta-carotene, powerful antioxidants that protect our mucous and skin. Vitamin C has a high antioxidant power, which makes it a protector of the tissues and cells of our body.
These reasons are sufficient enough to eat fruit. Do not delay in adding these amazing food items in your diet.